Friday, January 17, 2014

Can You Already Guess What My Newest Project Is?



I went to several stores until I found four balls of „Lang Yarns Jawoll Magic“ wool  that start with the same color.
This was necessary because it is rather thin. It is normally used for socks. Therefore, I need four strands of wool to create something that will be really warm.
I work with a 3,5 mm hook (UK 9, USA 4 / E).

Bobbles create a beautiful effect and keep you warm. There are several ways to crochet them. Now I will tell you how I like to do it.
How to create bobbles:
*Yarn over, insert your hook into the desired stitch, yarn over and pull up a loop, yarn over, pull up a loop and pull this loop through the first 2 loops on your hook.* Now you have an incomplete double crochet. Repeat 5 more times from * to *. Yarn over and pull this loop through all loops on the hook.

Give it a try. It will be worth it!

Slow progress:


A finished version:

Here, I have crocheted a top made of hdc stitches, one row of popcorn stitches (with 2 dc between the bobbles), two rows of hdc, another row of popcorn stitches, etc.
The bobbles make it warm and stable so that it does not stretch.
It is much easier to crochet such a sturdy cap for oneself, as you know your head form (at least after crocheting some caps) and can always try it on.

And another photo of Yoda:

Sweet chocolate cupcakes for our friends. I liked the algae-lime-icing - it was the perfect contrast to the chocolate flavour.

And if you are a knitter who wants yoda to guard her cup or her baby's bottle (as a cozy), check this out:

Here is a paid pattern if you want him to guard your phone (case):

Of course, I would love to see photos of your creations, if you were inspired by my post!


Whoever does not love has not come to know God, 
because God is love. 
(1 John 4:8)

No comments:

Post a Comment